Year End Celebration
Please join us on Wednesday, June 16 from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.(noon) for the 20th Annual Division of Student Affairs Year End Celebration. This year’s theme: Hope, A New Chapter acknowledges the struggles, loss, and heartbreak from the last year while celebrating the accomplishments of the Division and a look towards the future.
This year, there will be both in-person and virtual opportunities to connect with colleagues from across the Division. All events will be available for viewing virtually and on televisions at the in-person locations.
Schedule of Events:
- 9:10 a.m. - Welcome from Dr. Patty Perillo; celebration of Outstanding Service Award Winners & Recognition of Years of Service
- 9:30 a.m. - Director’s Cup (pre-recorded)
- 10:05 a.m. - Talent Show - to enter review these guidelines, deadline for submission is Wednesday, June 9 (pre-recorded)
- 10:30 a.m. - Trivia (available for virtual and in-person attendees, hosted live via Zoom & Kahoot)
- 11:05 a.m. - Virtual Escape Room (only available for virtual attendees, hosted live through Zoom)
- In-Person Component - If you are interested in celebrating in-person, please RSVP using this link: https://go.umd.edu/yecrsvp by Wednesday, June 9. Due to recent changes to capacity limitations, staff are now permitted to sign up for more than one time slot. The Wednesday, June 9 deadline is to allow time to confirm quantities needed for the light refreshments that will be served at these locations. For all in-person components, all 4Maryland Guidelines will be in effect. Staff must have campus clearance through return.umd.edu.
- Department Zoom Background Competition - Departments are encouraged to design and submit a zoom background for use on the day of the event. The design should incorporate this year’s theme - Hope: A New Chapter - into the design. Guidelines for submission and contest rules can be found at this link.
- To have your background be considered for a prize, please submit it, along with a brief explanation / description of the virtual background (2 to 5 sentences), to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, June 9 at 5 p.m.
- Talent Show - Have a talent or trick that you’d like to show off? Send us a 2-minute video of your amazing talent to compete in the Student Affairs Year End Celebration Talent Show! Please submit your video clip to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, June 9 at 5 p.m. to have your talent considered for the Virtual Talent Show. For full contest rules, please follow this link.
- Main Zoom Room for the Day (9 a.m. - 12 p.m.): https://go.umd.edu/yec2021
- Event Rooms :
- Trivia Room: https://go.umd.edu/yec2021
- Virtual Escape Room
- Video Stream (for Talent Show and Director’s Cup): https://go.umd.edu/yecvideos
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there! If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year End Celebration Committee
Mary Kate Crawford (Co-chair), Natalie Taylor (Co-chair), Sarah Williamson, Jason Hess, Leif Corbett, Carolina Ethridge, Dave Bullock, Tatiana Gillespie, Kurt Klier, Tiffany Harris, and Mark Salazar