Thank You for Supporting the Division of Student Affairs on Giving Day
Thank you for your exceptional work and generous contributions on UMD’s fourth annual Giving Day. Faculty, staff, students, and friends came together to support the important work that that our division does to benefit the Terp student experience.
The Division of Student Affairs set new records on Giving Day 2018. This year we raised over $126,000 from almost 2,400 donors! Those numbers will only increase as we continue to tally amounts from match incentives and challenges. From the Student Veterans Scholarship Fund to the Terps for Recovery Support Fund, we came together to support the areas and programs that make UMD such a special place for all of us.
During the day there were many hourly challenges, and I would like to congratulate the following areas for their wins:
• Greek Life Challenge - Beta Theta Pi Scholarship Fund
• Student Organization Challenge – Equestrian Team Fund
• Most Diversity and Inclusion Initiative Gifts - Divine Nine Emergency Fund
• Most Student Gifts - Women's Club Ultimate Frisbee
• Random #givingdayumd Hashtag - Men's Club Ice Hockey & University Student Judiciary
• All Day Facebook Comment - Student Government Association (SGA)
I would also like to announce the Division of Student Affairs pizza party prize winners for the Departments with Highest Giving Percentage: The Office of Student Conduct and Student Affairs Development and External Relations.
I thank all of our staff for the work that they do to make our Division so exceptional and also thank everyone who participated in Giving Day for their generosity.
Linda M. Clement
Vice President for Student Affairs