PCWI Women of Influence Awards Nominations
The Women of Influence Awards recognize members of our community who have distinguished themselves by working with and for women on our campus and in our community. The President’s Commission on Women’s Issues (PCWI) is interested in applicants who have actively worked on behalf of diverse (in identity, discipline, and other dimensions of difference) communities of women. Nominees should be accomplished as University of Maryland members (students, staff, and/or faculty) with evidence of leadership in one or more of the core areas listed below including:
- MENTORSHIP: formally and/or informally fostering the development of women & girls
- WORK/LIFE BALANCE: strengthening our campus community for working women
- DIVERSITY: supporting issues of social and political justice for women of color, women with disabilities, women veterans, immigrant women, other underrepresented populations of women, and LGBTQ+ people.
- PREVENTING SEXUAL HARASSMENT and other forms of sexual misconduct
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: engaging the community at UMD and beyond to strengthen the experiences of women and girls
PCWI strongly encourages nominations of women of color, women with disabilities, women veterans, immigrant women, LGBTQ+ people, and other underrepresented populations of women. We welcome nominations regardless of assigned sex and/or gender expression.
The nomination deadline is December 5, 2018.