Need Accessibility Services and Support
The following message was sent to the university community from Dr. Chetan Joshi, Director of the University Counseling Center, and Dr. Ana Palla-Kane, Director Senior IT Accessibility and UX Specialist in the Office of Academic Technology & Innovation, on Friday, March 27, 2020.
Dear Campus Community,
During this transition to online learning and teleworking, we recognize that members of our community with disabilities and accessibility concerns will need additional resources and support. To aid in this transition, we have created a central email that students, faculty and staff with disabilities can contact, in order to get the help and support that they need. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any disability related concerns, or need accessibility services or support, during this period of transition. Dear Campus Community,
In addition, members of our community can also access the resources listed below.
- The Keep Teaching website includes resources for instructors and students on how to implement accessibility and accommodations in online courses.
- Instructors, undergraduate and graduate students should contact the Accessibility and Disability Service (ADS) office if they have any questions on how to implement course accommodations online. ADS staff is available from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and can be reached at (301) 314-7682 or email@example.com.
- The Counseling Center services are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. After-hours crisis services are available by phone at (301) 314-7651 starting at 4:30 p.m. every weekday and on weekends.
- University faculty and staff members with disabilities, who may be experiencing challenges related to teleworking such as inability to use technology, not having the needed assistive technology, etc., may seek assistance at:
- Office of Faculty Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Human Resources, Office of Staff Relations at email@example.com
We want to ensure that members of our community with disability and accessibility related concerns are cared for and supported. In this new environment, should anyone learn they need additional support or if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Chetan Joshi
Director, Counseling Center
Division of Student Affairs
Dr. Ana Palla-Kane
Senior IT Accessibility and UX Specialist, Academic Technology & Innovation
Co-chair, President's Commission on Disability Issues