Messsge from the Vice President: New Year with Renewed Hope - Happy 2021!
The following message was sent to the Division of Student Affairs from Vice President Patty Perillo on January 4, 2021.
Dear Student Affairs Colleague,
Welcome back and Happy New Year! I hope you found time to rest, relax, and rejuvenate over the winter break. I also hope you found ways to celebrate your holidays, in ways that felt safe, connecting, and enjoyable.
I know 2020 was challenging for most, if not all, of us. So, as we begin a new year together, I want to share some of my deep hopes for this year ahead.
It is my hope that…
- 2021 finds you in excellent health and experiencing more joy and peace within.
- We can gather together again physically, with a deeper appreciation for the power of human connection.
- Our work on a daily basis continues to create a more humane and just Division, as we focus on issues of diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice.
- Students remain at the center of our work as we focus on their development, learning, and growth and, as we journey alongside them, we also focus on our own.
- Every student and member of our Division feels more valued, seen, and heard.
- We recommit ourselves to the values of compassion, empathy, justice, and community.
- We understand that we are better together as one collective Division, versus simply 14 awesome departments.
- Each one of us gets to know students and others in our Division better, as we focus on building stronger relationships with one another.
- You achieve the hopes, intentions, dreams, and goals you have for yourself in this year.
- We find ways to give thanks every day.
I wish you a year of peace, good health, security, and kindness. I look forward to hearing about your hopes for 2021. I continue to feel blessed to be in this work and world with you!
Patty Perillo, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs